Today there are more comfortable and healthy contact lens choices than ever before. New contact lenses are made with better optics, they are easier to fit and maintain, and they are generally more comfortable to wear over long periods. Whatever your vision challenges may be, it can most likely be met with contact lenses customized for your individual vision needs. Contact lenses will allow you to do all the things you love without having to worrying about glasses.
Advantages of Wearing Contact Lenses
Unable to make up your mind between wearing contact lenses and regular glasses? Know that there are several reasons to consider lenses. Specific benefits include:
- Not having to worry about your lenses fogging up when you step out from the cold and into the warmth
- Avoiding the distortions and reflections that are common with glasses
- Not having glasses that can bounce and slip off as you move
- Comfortably wearing regular headgear while playing sports
While there are also disadvantages to wearing lenses, it’s up to you to decide if they’re the best choice for you and your lifestyle.
Which brand is right for you?
Mainely Eyes & Goldthwait Vision Care carries all major brands of soft contact lenses including daily disposables, 2 week disposables, 30 day approved “Night and Days,” and multifocal (bifocal) contacts.
Dr. Goldthwait specializes in hard-to-fit patients, toric astigmatism cases, and Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) lense fittings, including bifocal RGP lenses and bitoric RGPs.
Some of the brands we carry include:
- Acuvue 1 Day Moist and 1 Day Moist For Astignatism
- Acuvue Vita (30 day)
- Acuvue OASYS (2 week)
- Air Optix Aqua HydraGlyde (30 day)
- Air Optix Night and Day (30 day)
- Dailies Total 1
- Dailies Total 1 Multi Focal (daily)
- B&L Ultra (30 day)
- B&L Ultra Toric
- B&L Ultra Multifocal Toric _ _ _NEW!
- Air Optix Aqua Comfort Plus Dailies
We also carry colored contact lenses, cosmetic tinted lenses, and opaque lenses!
Fitting fees are in addition to eye exam fees and are scaled depending on the complexity of the case. This fee includes: fitting of trial contact lenses, evaluations, follow up visit(s), solutions, starter kits, re-wetting drops and discount coupons for eyewear and sunwear at Mainely Eyes.
Most rebates apply and we offer direct shipping at no charge when purchasing a year’s supply of contact lenses.
Dr. Goldthwait does require an up-to-date (yearly) eye exam for all contact lens patients separate and apart from any quoted contact lens fees-prior to being fit for contacts.